Hope for Tomorrow, Grace for Today...what it means...

For in this HOPE we are saved. But HOPE that is seen is no HOPE at all. Who HOPES for what he already has?

~Romans 8:24

And if by GRACE, then it is no longer by works; if it were, GRACE would no longer be GRACE.

~Romans 11:6


Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Metamorphosis! Meet the new Charky!

On May 7, 2010 we welcomed a new creature into our home. Anyone familiar with Curious George will recognize the name of our dear Charky. "She" as Gavin called her (though I am pretty sure it is a male), started out her stay in this lovely suite as a fuzzy caterpillar! Now he is a moth. I think they are called Tiger Moths, but don't quote me on that. I am just amazed at how God created things to grow and change, but you never expect to be able to watch it. I wish I would have taken pictures through the whole process, but we got to watch the cocoon be built and today I went to check on Charky and was surprised to see this lovely creature in the bug house.
Gavin was such a big boy saying good-bye to his winged friend! He was so excited to see her changed, and he was so strong letting her go. I can still see her sitting out on the deck, so I hope she can fly and get to safety before Copper goes outside again!






No comments:

Post a Comment