Hope for Tomorrow, Grace for Today...what it means...

For in this HOPE we are saved. But HOPE that is seen is no HOPE at all. Who HOPES for what he already has?

~Romans 8:24

And if by GRACE, then it is no longer by works; if it were, GRACE would no longer be GRACE.

~Romans 11:6


Friday, April 16, 2010

Burger King Budget Meal for 3



I have many weaknesses. One of which is my nearly constant need for large, icey diet-pepsi/coke fountain beverages. Being budget conscious (is that a nice way of saying I am cheap), I don't get these often, but once a week or so, I have to indulge. So when going to a fast food restaurant or to substitute or when there are still 3 hours left until Steve gets home, I find myself really, really craving my drink.
So...due to my addiction, I must include a diet coke in my BK order.
I get a cheeseburger (the same kind that comes in the kids meal) in a medium sized value meal. This is usually around $3.99 or so. Then I get an extra cheeseburger (for Gav) and a 4 pk of nuggets (for Micah). This adds about $2.29-$2.49 to the order. So now my total is somewhere below $6.50. I get my soda, I share my fries with them and I bring maybe some sliced apples or something from home along with drinks for them. This saves so much on the mark-up of chocolate milk, the apples (which add $.49 to a kid's meal), etc.
Otherwise, a meal for 3 at BK is around $5-6 just for me, then add on $3.50 each for the boys! Yikes!!
(For Calorie Budgeting...FYI...Steve and I did a Weight Watchers knock-off diet last year, and we still ate at BK. I got my diet soda, cheeseburger and usually ended up with a small fry order after sharing...that is 12-13 points. This is not great if you only have 21 or 22 pts a day, but I was nursing Micah, so I had 32 or 33 a day. A Whopper, Jr. meal with small fries and no mayo is around 11 or 12 pts, too.)


1 comment:

  1. I do that exact thing when I go out with my boys. There is no sense in wasting money when you know they wont eat a whole kids meal all to themselves. Smart women we are! :) HEHEHE

    ReplyDelete